Software engineer — Perception
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for software engineers to develop and deploy Perception technologies for autonomous systems. You will work on a hardware/software product enabled by the systems you build.
- WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take cutting edge perception models from the lab to a mission critical system.
- Work with machine learning teams to harden models for deployment.
- Implement optimized algorithms that perform within platform constraints.
- Develop and support tools that accelerate development and deployment.
- Take responsibility for design, development, deployment and test.
- YOUR SKILLS
- 3 years of professional software development experience in modern C++. You write clean, well-tested code. You’re passionate about code efficiency and correctness.
- Experience working with production software. You are able to understand and contribute to high-quality software for a complex system.
- Experience implementing numerical algorithms (preferably in HPC environment).
- Fluent understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
OTHER SKILLS WE LIKE TO SEE - Experience with Python programming. - Experience with Parallel (tbb / OpenMP) and/or GPGPU programming. - Strong 3D math and linear algebra skills. - Familiarity with cloud development (e.g., AWS, Spark, SQL and databases). - Familiarity with optimization of neural networks for deployment. WORKING WITH THE TEAM You’ll join a fantastic team of talented engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. We hope you’re excited about the values that drive us: - Passion for the mission: We’re here to make something great. We take on whatever work is right for the product and strive for the best possible results. - Modesty: The right answer is more important than being right. We search for solutions as a team and value clear-eyed feedback. - Lean habits: You can’t grow without limits. Time constraints and big goals inspire us to sharpen our focus and learn to make great decisions.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.