Machine learning engineer — Perception
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for ML/Deep Learning engineers to develop and integrate machine learning technologies for autonomous systems. You will work on a hardware/software product enabled by the ML technologies you build.
- WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop features and models to improve the capabilities of large-scale Deep Learning-based systems.
- Scale up models, build training datasets and tune parameters to maximize system performance.
- Build software that improves your rate of experimentation and helps you make better decisions about what to try next.
- Work with the team to deploy models in a mission critical environment.
- YOUR SKILLS
- Able to train and debug deep learning systems: Defining metrics and datasets, performing error analysis, training models in a modern DL framework (such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.)
- Familiar with current DL literature and the math of machine learning: optimization methods, common types of models and layers, etc.
- Strong background in Python development with Linux. You write clean, correct code while iterating on experiments in Python. Ability to understand and contribute to C++-based software is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
Working with the team you’ll join a fantastic team of hardworking engineers and researchers with deep experience in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering. We hope you’re excited about the values that drive us: - Passion for the mission: We’re here to make something great. We take on whatever work is right for the product and strive for the best possible results. - Modesty: The right answer is more important than being right. We search for solutions as a team and value clear-eyed feedback. - Lean habits: You can’t grow without limits. Time constraints and big goals inspire us to sharpen our focus and learn to make great decisions.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters, or PhD Degree in Computer Science/Machine Learning or equivalent professional experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.