Siri - Software Development Engineer in Test, Machine Learning Systems
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a part in ensuring the quality of groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, big data, and artificial intelligence? Drive the quality of the Siri user experience and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri QE team at Apple! The Software Development Engineer in Test, Machine Learning Systems*, will design and develop a testing methodology to integrate machine learned components with software releases. This person will implement key deliverables in the automation roadmap for Siri Assistant, ML/NL, and Intelligence features.
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Software Development Engineer with exposure to AI/ML, search or data engineering projects
- Ideal candidate has experience with test infrastructure, quality tools and automation, and system integration testing
- Knowledge of statistics based testing approaches
- Experience working with large scale server software features, detailed test planning, design, and execution
- Advanced programming skills in Java, Python, or similar OO language such as C++, Python, Obj-C or Swift
- Familiarity with current in distributed computing and data processing technologies
- Working experience with various logging and analytics frameworks
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience working on large cross-functional teams
- Desirable skills:
- Experience building machine learning systems and neural networks
We are searching for a talented Software Development Engineer in Test to partner with the ML-QE Lead to define new approaches to testing machine learning integrations. This role will focus on developing solutions for statistics-based testing, model dependency testing, and reporting accurate ML test coverage. As Siri's architecture and features evolve, the test infrastructure must continually adapt. A key deliverable of the role is a significant improvement in test failure actionability. This is a fast-paced role with high visibility, impact, and ensures we build the most advanced systems in the industry.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.