Siri - Manager - Analytic Engineering, Data organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a critical part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to the advancement of a product that is redefining human-computer interaction, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The vision for the Siri Analytics, Evaluation, and Data Engineering organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization the mission of the Analytics team is to inform the evolution of Siri through measurement and analysis of the user experience. As the leader of Analytic Engineering you will build and manage a team that scales user experience insights with the growth of the Siri development organization and the complexity of Siri features being developed across myriad platforms, operating systems, and languages.
- Build a team of analytic engineers who enable Siri Analytics to automate analytic workflows and enable scalable, programmatic integration of analytic results across the Siri org.
- Build analytic tools (e.g. just-in-time scoring functions, ranking functions, search methods) that allow the team, and our colleagues, to develop programmatic workflows (e.g. microservices and composable libraries) to more easily integrate analytics into decision-making.
- Automate rigorous statistics (metrics) pipelines that are used by hundreds of people in downstream analyses, reports, and decision-making.
- Find places to develop ordering and labeling functions over Siri-enabled devices so that we can sort, filter, group and otherwise better understand the incredible variance of experience that happens over hundreds of millions of users, 10+ billion requests every month, over iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Apple TV, Apple Watch across 30+ languages
- Develop frameworks and tools that monitor metric quality and detect anomalies (e.g. Statistical Process Control).
- Build team capabilities (through hiring, training, tools, and process) that enable reproducible, transparent work.
- Develop custom visualization methods and tools that complement what is available from our core platforms
You know how to recruit, hire and nurture people who are not only great technically but also demonstrate success in the highly collaborative, functional environment of innovation at Apple. You know how to give crisp feedback to your team that balances opportunities for growth with vision to inspire. You can assess difficult trade-offs, know how to triage, and know that sometimes moving slowly now is critical to unlocking large evolutions later. You know how to work in service of something larger without building a service org. Your team can deliver what is needed but also redefine what is possible. You are humble and lead by example. You have compassion for your colleagues and the challenges they face but can drive a controversial direction when needed. You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize. You care about craft. You appreciate that tools impose structure on how we think. And you can identify when love of craft is getting in the way of impact. You can move up and down the ladder of abstraction and help your team move up and down as well. You can talk and design on technical matters but are always able to connect that work to the impact it is in service of.