Siri - Sr. Data Scientist, Data Organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Want to push the envelope on human-computer interaction at Apple? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who are building the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Our vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. We drive measurement and the analysis of the user experience, and we’re looking for someone to help bring methodologies to life in our evaluation platforms. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across Apple devices.
- You are familiar with statistics and ML modeling, and can implement these techniques at scale.
- You have engineered information out of massive and complex datasets (e.g. Hive, Spark, Druid, Solr, Oozie).
- You are fluent with at least one programming language (e.g. Python and/or Scala) and are comfortable developing code in a team environment (e.g. git, notebooks, testing).
- You value validation and testing and drive for doing the right thing rather than the fast thing.
- You are self-motivated, curious, have a thirst to learn more, and know-how to balance execution and R&D.
- You love working autonomously and owning your domain end-to-end.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- Your academic background is in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or Physics, or similar quantitative field. Advanced degree preferred.
- You’ll preform R&D to find rigorous yet efficient ways of improving our evaluation platforms. E.g., rather than preforming a single analysis you may develop an analysis method then build it into a package that others can then use. - You’ll build statistical/model-based tools and pipelines, then integrate them into large multi-person code bases. - You’ll partner with statisticians, engineers, and cross-functional partners to find and implement solutions to big and complex problems.
Education & Experience
MS Degree or equivalent Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.