Siri - Manager Product Insights, Data organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a critical part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to the advancement of a product that is redefining human-computer interaction, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization the mission of the Analytics team is to inform the evolution of Siri through measurement and analysis of the user experience. As the leader of Product Insights you will build and manage a team of data scientists who integrate into Siri engineering teams to guide feature development with data so that Siri can be the easier, faster, and safer across iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, Watch, and tv
- Build and lead a team of data scientists who learn about the Siri user experience to inform the development of what Siri can do. Example areas of focus include using Siri to stay in touch, be entertained, and do more in the home, hands-free.
- Establish and develop management structure within your team to optimize focus and impact.
- Develop a strong consultancy approach that understands how to support and inform decisions over a large, complex feature development organization.
- Build partnerships with peer teams to enable Siri feature engineers to self-serve information that hones their week to week development priorities.
- Ensure that Siri features have purposeful instrumentation of the user experience so that data can inform these features' evolution.
- Drive a high-quality exploratory analyses and investigations to enrich the Siri org's understanding of how people use Siri across many settings and over time.
- Build team capabilities (through hiring, training, tools, and process) that enable the reproducible, transparent, trusted work that influences decisions.
You know how to recruit, hire and nurture people who are not only great technically but also demonstrate success in the highly collaborative, functional environment of innovation at Apple. You know how to give crisp feedback to your team that balances opportunities for growth with vision to inspire. You can assess difficult trade-offs, know how to triage, and know that sometimes moving slowly now is critical to unlocking fast progress later. You know how to work in service of something larger without building a service org. Your team can deliver what is needed but also redefine what is possible. You are humble and lead by example. You have compassion for your colleagues and the challenges they face but can drive a controversial direction when needed. You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize. You care about craft. You appreciate that tools impose structure on how we think. And you can identify when love of craft is getting in the way of impact. You can move up and down the ladder of abstraction and help your team move up and down as well. You can talk and design on technical matters but are always able to connect that work to the impact it is in service of.