Software Engineer, Motion Planning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a talented, dedicated, and results-oriented senior software engineer. You will drive the debugging and optimization of existing software as well as the design and implementation of state-of-the-art software for autonomous systems.
- 4-5 years of field experience developing high quality, performance critical software
- Proficient in object oriented design
- Strong C++ and Python development skills
- The burning dream and proven skills to write robust and portable code.
- Proven creative, critical and independent thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
You will design and develop runtime performance-critical code. She/he will dive deep into existing software to: debug critical issues; find performance hotspots; and optimize the code. You will develop robust, execution-time critical software with an emphasis on planning for autonomous systems.
Education & Experience
B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Robotics, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, Controls, Computer Science
- - Participate in an Agile development environment
- - Experience with Real Time Optimization, Machine Learning is a plus
- - Good communication skills and ability to work effectively cross team
- - Experience in embedded software development is an advantage
- - Experience with full software development lifecycle
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.