Engineering Program Specialist - Librarian
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are the Softgoods Project Management team, made up of Engineering Project Managers (EPM) and Project Specialists (EPS) within the Product Design organization. As an EPS Librarian, your primary focus will be on maintaining and organizing our confidential prototype inventory. You will be part of a passionate group of people who enjoy what they do and the products they create. Why Softgoods? Apple’s Softgoods Engineering team is relatively new to Apple. We work with textiles, leather, silicone and soft polymers. Our mission is to use these incredible materials to enable new product categories, and to enhance Apple’s existing product lines. Bringing Apple engineering and precision to products made of soft materials is an exciting challenge and requires a creative and open minded approach. We have a talented team of people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We all work together in a beautiful customized lab where we design, engineer and develop the best softgoods products in the world. If this sounds like an exciting challenge, we hope you will consider a place in our team! Why Apple? At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a diverse team we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers we drive precision. And through our collaborative process we create memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives.
- You are creative and Critical thinker
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Excellent Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communication and Documentation skills
- Experience with Inventory Tracking Tools
- Knowledge of iTrack is ideal
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a large cross-functional team
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Knowledge of Agile PLM System
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with constant change and demand
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining all prototypes within the library for multiple, overlapping Softgoods development projects - Processing and tracking purchase requisitions and goods receipts Communicating with the CMs on allocation and pack out processes Tracking, receiving, storage and distribution of parts - Drive ongoing improvements in process flow and storage strategies within the library, in conjunction with new product security requirements - Responsible for shipping materials internationally and domestically - Assists with project setups in the PLM system - Self-starter who is pro-active, asks questions and takes on new tasks as needed by the EPS team.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree or 3+ years of industry experience