Siri - Engineering Program Manager, Production Engineering (Ops/DevOps)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
As a key member of the Siri EPM team supporting the Siri Production Engineering organization, you will be responsible for managing Production Engineering projects and infrastructure for both Siri and Siri Search that supports our engineers, internal users, and millions of users around the world. We’re looking for people with a proven track record of maintaining a high-quality service under demanding usage and timelines. The projects sourced from within the Production Engineering team are heavily focused on streamlining process using automation and machine-learned techniques to further the reliability and stability of our infrastructure supporting millions of users each day.
- 3+ years of Production Engineering/Operations program management, project management, and/or experience covering as many of the following as possible: a 24/7 live customer-facing service, a large-scale & international user base, experience with multiple (both internal and external) server environments, a product with external dependencies (e.g. partner data feeds), and responsibility for rapid-response actions.
- PM or engineering experience developing roadmaps/long-term strategy for improving Operations/DevOps agility without sacrificing quality.
- Strong technical background and platform experience.
- Career examples of hands-on involvement in delivering operational frameworks, tools, and processes that improved the customer experience.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with a proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness.
- Drive projects and schedules originated from the Operations teams which include Machine Learning, Analytics platforms, telemetry, client to server communications, scaling platforms, and continuous integration of Open Source technologies. - Drive comprehensive and real-time analytics and reporting on key operational measurements for quality, performance, capacity, and reliability. Use that data to drive good priority and resourcing decisions. - Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines. Provide timely updates for all project milestones; both org-level updates and exec-level status. - Work across all Siri teams to promote a culture of better operational planning and guidelines during feature development and deployment. - Work with operations and outside teams to establish SLAs for both services provided and consumed. - Provide timely updates for all project milestones; both org-level updates and exec-level status. Act as the main point of contact for Siri operational information outside the org for both Apple and external partners & stakeholders. - Ensure efficient diagnosis, quick action, and effective resolution of any uptime issues. Own the post-event RCA process to consistently improve the operations program. - Promote a culture of data security & secrecy, ensure best practices for Siri engineering teams. - Build relationships across the organization and facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups. Act as the main point of contact for Siri Operations outside the org for both Apple internal and external partners & stakeholders.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent