Siri - EPM Production Engineering (Ops/DevOps)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a member of the Siri EPM team, you will be responsible for improving and enhancing the Siri Platform that enables internal and external developers to build powerful Siri features for hundreds of millions of users around the world. We’re looking for people with a proven track record of shipping complex and highly technical products under demanding timelines. You take responsibility and feel a personal stake in the product you ship. You know how to navigate ambiguity, thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage shifting priorities. You communicate clearly and enjoy working with complex technologies. You foster strong relationships and build trust. You aren’t afraid to do what is necessary to get a project done. You work for the success of the entire team
- 5+ years program management, product management, or business analyst experience
- Strong technical background and platform experience
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness
Work with all teams at Siri, from server and client developers to designers, on driving and shipping improvements and enhancements for Siri platform. Coordinate and manage development of Siri Platform that is comprised of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems, platforms, services, and technologies built using Object Oriented coding and design throughout the complete software development lifecycle, from design through release. Monitor post-release metrics to use this data to impact Siri Platform direction and new features. Own all aspects of planning, drive requirements definition, scoping, prioritization and resource allocation, and be fully responsible for the schedule. Drive projects through Agile methodologies, create roadmaps and Sprints, hold daily stand-ups, and track the velocity of the engineering team. Be the main communicator of the Platform team, deliver project statuses and project reviews, identify and communicate risks to the team and management, and work on appropriate solutions with engineering. Build relationships across the organization and facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups.
Education & Experience
MS in EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- Strong technical proficiency and platform background.
- Passion for any of the following technologies: text-to-speech, big data & analytics, search, natural language processing or speech recognition.
- Experience in feature development to large scale, server based platforms.
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Bonus if you have prior programming experience (iOS/OSX, Ruby, Scala, Python, PHP, Go, etc.).