Next-Generation Health Sensor Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be part of the engineering team building next-generation health sensors. The Human Interface Devices team is looking for a talented and hardworking algorithms engineer who has expertise in statistical signal processing, pattern recognition, and machine learning to make an impact on future Apple health features. In this role, you’ll be a key contributor during all stages of health feature development. This is an opportunity to work in a deeply passionate team, in a position where your work can make a difference in millions of lives. This role has the opportunity to grow in many directions work in a dynamic multi-functional team.
- 4+ years of experience in algorithm development for sensor signal processing/image processing and pattern recognition systems
- Experience with physiological signal processing and statistical analysis
- Experience with algorithm prototyping in Python or Matlab
- Familiarity with algorithm implementation in C/C++
- Experience with machine learning tools and techniques (preferred)
- Experience with sensing hardware (preferred)
This is a key position that is a focal point for next generation health features based on sensor data. This engineer will be responsible for developing and tuning algorithms for processing signals from health sensors, and optimizing performance across a large user base via analysis or automated learning. These are key development efforts that feed into future products.
Education & Experience
PhD in BME/CS/CE/EECS/Math/Physics or equivalent experience
- Experiment design and data analysis
- Investigating new technologies, prototyping concepts, evaluating user impact, and delivering products