CAD Engineer - PDV
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products As a member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and improve physical design verification (PDV) flows. The role requires you to work and lead development of flows for the different technology nodes and tool sets. Working alongside with CAD team, you will be collaborating with the custom digital/analog/mixed-signal design and physical design (PD) teams. You will need to have a deep understanding of design rule checks for (DRC) and LVS runsets, writing from scratch and/or modify existing ones. Also you should have worked with the Design for Manufacturability (DFM) rules at different geometries.
- Typically requires 10+ years of industry experience in chip design process.
- Very efficient programming capabilities in Perl, TCL, C, Makefile
- Expert in Calibre or Hercules/ICV runset programming for DRC/LVS/ERC/PERC/DFM
- Knowledge of parasitic extraction and its collaborate with Calibre/Hercules a plus
- Tapeout experience in various technology nodes
- Develop, maintain and improve flows for all aspects of physical verification and methodology - Coordinate/Lead effort of validating the flows, improving for custom checks and data generation - Work well with the design and PD teams to facilitate the chip design process - Familiar with the Electrical rule checks (ERC) and Programmable ERCs - Deep understanding of sub micron technology nodes and its challenges
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CS/CE or equivalent