CAD Methodology Engineer- Data Analytics
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible and cross-functional role as a senior member of our hardware CAD team, you will be responsible for developing best in class methodologies and flows for Apple silicon mobile products. You will collaborate with multiple design teams to identify and implement critical design metrics for different stages of chip design, with primary focus on physical design flows. You will develop new methods to analyze and visualize complex engineering data, apply Big Data and predictive analytics principles to semiconductor design. This system will enable us to assess and drive quality of our chips, increase efficiency and Quality-of-Results of our methodologies and design processes.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with NoSQL database management systems: Splunk, ElasticSearch, Solr or similar as a developer or administrator
- Deep understanding of modern Big Data principles, esp. in NoSQL domain as well as relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Efficient programming capabilities in any of the following: Perl, Python, TCL or Makefile
- Experience with data reporting and data visualization.
- Excellent communications skills
- Industry experience in chip design / CAD process is a huge plus
In this role you will: - Architect, develop, maintain and improve Big Data design metrics and analytics system. - Devise, produce and disseminate web dashboards containing visual representation of chip design metrics. - Collaborate with the design and CAD teams to improve current methodologies, devise new quantitative methods to drive Quality-of-Results (QoR) improvements and efficiency - Work with multiple developers to develop engineering data analytics best practices, create template reports, on-board new developers and develop training materials for our Big Data system
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline