Senior Standards Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Imagine what you could do here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay Server team is a rare engineering group within Apple. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of most Apple hardware. By designing and implementing services that are tightly coupled with hardware, we support the ongoing need to improve security of customer’s sensitive data (financial or otherwise) and privacy. Many of our services are seen in the iOS Security Guide and are publicly discussed on Internet forums. Within the Apple Pay team, you will collaborate cross functionally with Apple’s iOS Engineering team, NFC team, security team, and external partners to define the next hot feature of Apple Pay.
- 10+ years experience in technologies related to NFC, Payments, Identity and/or Access.
- 3+ years experience in participating in standards related work, contributing directly or indirectly to work in standards bodies such as NFC-Forum, ISO, and EMVco.
- Expertise in ISO 14443, NFC-Forum specifications, EMVco contact and contactless specifications and related technologies.
- Proven track record of successfully building consensus and driving solutions internally and externally.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills across large ecosystems.
- Ability to prototype ideas across various platforms, both embedded and servers, to demonstrate feasibility.
- Experience/understanding of security & cryptography such as ECC, AES, DH and Key Management is required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and get cross functional agreement on designs, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think criticality and quickly learn new technologies.
- Must be familiar with iOS and macOS environments.
- Experience in payment industry is a plus.
- Expertise in identity space is a huge plus.
Imagine the freedom of a startup with the funding and laser focus of the most valuable company in the world. As a senior standards engineer on the Apple Pay Server team: • You will participate in initiatives that are essential to the success of upcoming product launches and Product security initiatives. • You will get the opportunity to participate in standards development that Apple Pay contributes towards. • You will be able to develop prototypes, both on device and server side, to demonstrate feasibility of ideas. • As part of Apple Pay server engineering team, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards development of the next generation of cloud support that powers Apple Pay. • You will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to a wide range of technologies.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience