Siri macOS Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you interested in making the world a better place? Do you want to help influence and create some of Apple’s most important products? Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to the team that brings to the desktop the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Apple's Accessibility & Speech team is looking for a talented software engineer that is passionate and innovative about incorporating speech technologies into end-user features that surprise and delight. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including Application teams, framework teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple's entire product line.
- Strong development experience with Objective-C, or C++.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in code written by other people and handle several concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to write thoughtful, maintainable code.
- Ability to innovate and help invent new solutions for all users
As part of the Speech Team, you will be design, implement, and test new features and functionality for the macOS Siri user experience. Your code will interact with applications and services across the system. To succeed in this role, you must be a strong programmer and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You have a passion for customer experience. You enjoy learning new things and creating life-changing applications. You possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Preferred Experience/Skills:
- • Strong visual design and UI skills
- • Strong API design knowledge
- • Strong Cocoa development skills
- • Experience with accessibility
- • Experience porting code between platforms