Annotations Account & Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
In this role you will engage with teams across Apple’s ecosystem with the ultimate goal of delivering high-quality annotated data that meets their needs. You will be responsible for gathering initial requirements, following through on all program commitments from our cross-functional operations and engineers teams, and maintaining the customer relationship ongoing. You will need to understand the product and research goals of each of your customers at a deep level, embedding yourself in their organization. You will need to understand the strategic goals of your customers to help prioritize operations tasks and inform capacity planning of operations resources. Being successful at Annotations Account Management and Annotations Program Management means that teams all across Apple, working on unreleased products and/or existing beloved features, will come to rely on you to meet their annotations needs with high quality, cost-effective, and timely annotated data.
- 8+ years of experience in Account Management or Program Management in a technical and highly cross-functional domain.
- Experience in customer-facing roles with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal. Can clearly articulate pointed questions to disambiguate strong customer requests from true customer requirements.
- Good listener, always seeking to understand before formulating a strong opinion.
- Excellent in partnership and relationship building. Works to establish a reciprocal working relationship.
- Follows through on dedications exhibiting a high degree of personal ownership and accountability.
- Strategic thinker, continually looking for ways to improve and decrease confusion for customers and operations teams.
- Well-adapted and hardworking. You thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Experience working with annotated data and ML researchers is strongly preferred.
=== DESCRIPTION === You are a top-tier and technical program manager with extraordinarily high workmanship. You love working with people across technical and non-technical domains to solve problems and deliver results. You will have a chance to lean on all of your soft skills and technical background while you engage with teams (customers) all across Apple’s ecosystem who are working on cutting-edge machine learning technology. You will work across numerous groups in the operations, engineering, and business teams to build a program that will deliver annotated data to your customers, meeting their requirements. You will act as the overall program manager ensuring follow-through on many operational projects, from prototyping to QA to acceptance testing. Work with the data analytics and capacity planning team to inform future annotations capacity requirements. Ultimately, be responsible for ensuring the happiness of your customers (ML researchers and their business partners) by delivering annotated data within all specified dimensions, and by working reciprocally to tackle problems as they arise, gaining your customer’s trust and confidence.
Education & Experience
BS degree in a highly technical field (CS or equivalent). MS degree preferred.