Support Engineer - Online Store Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. There is a great opportunity for a talented support engineer to join a global team supporting the Apple Online Store, a multi-channel world class eCommerce platform.
- 8+ years of industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- A high degree of analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Technically astute and skilled with the ability to understand complex issues and participate in discussions with the engineering teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills are essential, with the ability to present to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working knowledge of a major relational or NoSQL database (e.g. Oracle / Cassandra).
- Quick learner and willing to challenge the status-quo while consistently striving for improvement.
- Experience in supporting a 24x7x365 environment with pager rotation.
- Knowledge of code repository and understand the features/functionality offered by the platform.
- Knowledge in object-oriented such as (Java, J2EE, Spring or other MVC framework), Service Oriented Architectures, and RESTFUL services is a plus.
- Prior experience supporting large scale e-Commerce/Enterprise environments is a plus.
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
The role, technical in nature, requires the individual to gain deep technical knowledge and understanding of the eCommerce platform to provide technical support to our business and core engineering teams. Strong people skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to take complex technical topics and distill them in easy to understand layman terminology, will round out the core responsibilities of the role. As a member of the support engineering team, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or relevant technical field industry experience or equivalent is required.