Camera Firmware Platform Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Camera Firmware Platform team is looking for an extraordinary firmware engineer to drive state of the art technologies for Apple products. As part of the team you would work on core hardware components, including the Apple Image signal processing pipeline, and machine learning neural engine, where you will have the chance to define the way that Apple develops, tests and manufactures all of its products. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels with a liberating amount of autonomy.
- A real passion for embedded software development
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Knowledge of system level runtimes and device driver development
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts
- Experience writing systems utilizing embedded RTOS such as ThreadX/QNX/VxWorks/FreeRTOS is a plus
- Experience in development of multi-thread software
- Experience with debuggers such as gdb, lldb, etc...
- Familiarity with scopes and logic analyzers
- Familiarity with hardware such as (UART, SPI, I2C, MIPI, Image Sensor etc)
- Familiarity with some form of scripting (Bash, Perl, Python )
- Ability to deliver on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills, should be a phenomenal teammate
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
In this role you will implement, maintain and pursue problems in our firmware including: Device drivers for the latest SoC blocks, chipsets in Apple. Build a firmware platform for all the upper layer algorithm, including all kinds of Computer Vision algorithm, Camera Image Signal Processing algorithm, and Work with Algorithm team to develop the machine learning based neural network Algorithm for apple products. Making changes and improvements to the RTOS running on all Apple products. Investigating and implementing new technologies. The role is highly reliant on honed design and debugging skills that cover both HW and Firmware/Software. You will also implement features to support hardware testing and diagnosis of Apple's mobile devices. This is a highly multi-functional product development role and you'll work closely with various teams, like Silicon Design/QA team, Machine Learning Algorithm Team, The environment is dynamic, fast-paced and requires a self-starter attitude.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering