Features Manager - News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s News team is looking for a Feature Manager to join the engineering team. In this hands-on position you will guide requirements definition of new features and shepherd new features throughout the development process to bring the best news all in one place for our users.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical requirements or product management role for software
- Validated track record managing multiple, ongoing, complex projects
- A natural inclination to build to perfection; crafting a plan that accounts for priorities, interdependencies, risks, and backup plans
- A collaborative leader and consensus driver with a talent for mediating contending interests and leading creative solutions
- Effective presentation, oral, and written communication to leadership, technical, and non-technical audiences
- Ability to adapt quickly and constructively to changes
- A breadth of technical aptitude to talk shop with our engineers
- Self-motivated and accountable
- Empathy for users
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written are required
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
Apple is seeking a high-energy and self-driven Features Manager who will play a central role in the delivery of scalable services. As a member of the software engineering team, you will support the definition of new features and product enhancements for News and guide those features to a successful launch. You will shape the future of the News application by utilizing a big picture view to diligently guide detailed definitions of feature requirements across our teams with varied strengths including engineering, marketing, partner relations, editorial, design, advertising, project management, analytics, legal, and more. Our team requires a rare blend of product insight, user experience, and technical know-how shown through the ability to translate problems into actionable tasks. You are the conduit between customers, business stakeholders, and technical teams, mediating the development of a feature and ensuring common understanding of feature needs. This is a critical and cross-functional role. The right candidate will be naturally cooperative and capable of inspiring great ideas in technical and non-technical teammates. This will require you to lead feature discussions, guide prioritization of competing requirements, and consolidate them into a detailed, actionable plan that aligns with stakeholders’ expectations. Along the way, you will identify and mitigate risks and use your knowledge to define core questions, efficiencies, and processes within the context of Apple’s strategic and competitive position. Most importantly, you will ensure that News gives the best possible experience to its users.