Channel Rebate & Commissions Analyst, ALAC Sales Planning & Operations
Miami, Florida, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our Product ongoing development and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the ambassador of Apple to our largest customers. Imagine what you could do here. Are you ready to take this challenge? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Channel Rebate and Commissions Analyst role focuses on the creation, management and maintenance of our Channel Funding Programs, and facilitation of yearly, quarterly and monthly commissions processes. This is based in Miami and reports to Sales Operations Manager. The primary focus of this role is in providing cross-functional leadership across Sales, Finance, Legal and Contracts in how new programs are designed, drafted and delivered to partners. Also the role is focused in making sure, that commissions plans and quotas are built, set up and handled in timely manner. You will be a support role to the processes behind how the funds are calculated and paid to the partners; and finally, understand how effective this is in driving partner performance and desired behavior. You will provide quarterly analysis of results to the Sales leader, Region Controller and HR, which demonstrates the effectiveness of our commission plans in driving the business.
- You will have experience on sales programs and sales commissions, with deep understanding of contracts, programs and compensation policies. You'll bring leadership and strong analytical skills lead the quarterly and annual channel funding project, sales commissions and quota setting processes.
- You will bring knowledge of the technology industry in Latin America, in particular in the tablet and computer distribution channels.
- Fluency in Spanish and English, Portuguese a plus to the role.
- Expertise on drafting funding programs letters.
- KEY COMPETENCIES: Drive cross-collaboration meetings during annual and quarterly planning seasons to identify and define programs and/or program changes. These sessions require interaction with all business unit leaders and team including Head Quarter in Cupertino (WW Commissions) to ensure regional and global standards.
- Handle the channel programs, and commissions approval process ensuring the development, review and approval including documented by all key partners, such as letter templates and work together with Legal & Contracts and make it happen.
- You provide the Region Headquarters (GM, Finance, Sales Ops) a holistic view of the current channel terms, program and commissions polices, and provide mentorship on future changes that enable long-term sales growth and interpersonal scale.
- Understand the impact of quota setting strategy on sales performance, and be able to provide guidance on future channel funding letters and commissions that holistically consider sales growth, cost of sale, ease of execution & management in partnership with finance team.
- Strong communicator and able drive project management for funding programs/commissions on one-to-one or one-to-many situations, especially with regional and country leaders.
- Excellent time & project management skills
- Self-sufficiency and ambitious individual
- Strong interpersonal skills in English and Spanish/Portuguese
Key Accountabilities: Planning, critical thinking on mission by channel, proposing channel incentives and deep understanding of business models across different route to markets such as APR, Retail, Distribution, Education and Enterprise markets, with RTM Finance and Sales leaders. Planning, leading and executing yearly and quarterly commissions and quota strategy. Driving cross-functional projects on new program funding rebates/ commission strategy and maintenance across different teams: Sales, Finance, Legal and Contracts and WW Commissions team. Manage and drive the approval of channel funding rebates in CLM tool. Manage the process of drafting and communicating channel program funding letters and incentive programs to resellers across the region. Evaluate and deeply understand the effectiveness of funding programs and sales commission strategy. Support E2E deployment of specific projects. Provide standard and ad hoc reporting to all partners.
Education & Experience
BA or related degree - Master Degree desired English, Spanish and Portuguese required.
- Skills to build relationship internal and external.
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- - Complete execution of all program funding, and commissions and quota setting and reporting in the region on a quarterly and yearly basis
- - Discipline to document and demonstrate approval process in internal tool
- - Improvement in important metrics on effectiveness aligned to business strategy.
- - Perfection in innovating processes end to end, and in communication externally to resellers (Channel Programs) and internally (Commissions, Quota setting) and evaluation of results
- Maintain high % effectiveness ratio on Program rebates tickets