Project Manager, New Store Openings and Remodels
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We belive the people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. An Apple Retail New Store Openings & Remodels, Project Manager is responsible for successfully handling the openings and remodels of Apple Stores, globally in accordance with Apple standards. You will be involved in identifying, creating, leading and implementing processes, procedures and solutions as they relates to New Store Openings and Remodels. You will be able to work independently and as part of a larger, cross-functional team. The ideal person should possess strong communication and presentation skills and effectively interact and influence all levels in the organization. The role can be based in Shanghai or Hong Kong.
- Experience in Retail or equivalent management experience and project management experience.
- You have demonstrated success in running multiple projects, priorities and people concurrently in a fast-paced, high-growth and results driven environment.
- You possess dynamic leadership qualities including a positive, can do and motivational presence, a passion for training and coaching, and be solution driven in challenging situations while still delivering optimum results.
- You have solid ability to participate as a valued member of a highly functioning team.
- You have sound written and verbal communication, excellent planning, executing and follow up skills, in addition to strong problem-solving skills. You work well under pressure and you have strong operational and social skills.
- You are expected to be proficient in Word, Pages, Excel, and Keynote. Has the ability to quickly learn project management software.
- Flexible; ability to react professionally and efficiently to changes in schedules or project direction without sacrificing productivity.
- You will be required to travel frequently and willing to work a flexible schedule in order to lead and run projects.
- You will be expected to develop relationships quickly. You are a well respected, trusted partner that is someone others want to work with.
- You are influential, who works well with others and is able to create strong field and corporate relationships; Experience interacting with and influencing business partners at all levels.
- Dedication to the delivery of consistent and unparalleled customer service both internal and external.
- Strong soft skills, which are meaningful to the success of this job role.
- Commitment to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to improve processes and performance. Ability to stay current with the latest processes, procedures, and technology.
- Strong individual contributor. Self-starter who possesses extraordinary time management skills and has phenomenal attention to detail.
- You will act independently and be self-motivated. Prioritizes, manages, and meets deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, additional language skills are a plus.
Primary job functions include: Handling assigned New Store openings and Remodels from inception to completion. Including schedule management, Global Retail Support/Field communications and on-site support Evaluating the success and opportunities of each project from a process, cost, and quality perspective. Providing feedback as necessary. Partnering with NSO and Remodel Manager to identify, create and implement new and innovative methodologies; working to continually improve current processes and practices. Providing input on store design standards to ensure operational efficiencies Work closely with the Preservation team in management and execution of Existing Store Projects and Upgrades Maintaining an intimate knowledge of all business aspects of Apple Retail in an effort to identify and support business needs. Quickly develop strong working relationships with corporate partners, field teams, and vendors globally to ensure delivery of the excellent experience to Apple Retail customers. Provide excellent customer service to field and corporate partners globally, serving as resource. Partner with business partners globally to figure out global business needs and priorities, ensuring the best possible processes to Apple Retail Stores. Create and maintain key partnership with the Field including Market Directors, Market Leaders, Store Leaders, and store teams. Turn information gathered into results that influence current projects or create new/improved initiatives that get results. Other duties as assigned. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education & Experience
- Action Oriented
- Command Skills
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Directing Others
- Innovation Management
- Learning on the Fly
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Motivating Others
- Presentation Skills
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Self Development
- Sizing Up People
- Standing Alone
- Time Management
- Building Effective Teams
- Written Communication