Embedded Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. We are looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer for the Device Software Team. In this role, you will be an individual contributor developing embedded software solutions for our current and future products. What you could do here? At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Low-level software development experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of low-level firmware.
- Knowledge of system level runtimes and device driver development.
- Experience writing systems utilizing embedded RTOS
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts.
- Proven C and C++ coding abilities.
- Experience with digital hardware.
You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of the product design. From working with silicon teams to crafting specifications for future chips, creating software to run on these new chips and boards and developing drivers for various IP blocks in embedded environments. We are responsible for making changes and enhancements to the RTOS running on these products and investigating and implementing new technologies.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent required
- Ability to read schematics and use an oscilloscope.
- Experience with embedded systems bring up.
- Knowledge of debugging systems at ARM assembly code level.