Audio Experience & Prototyping Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Technology Development Group is looking for an Audio Experience and Prototyping Engineer to help prototype and define new audio UI/UX paradigms. This engineer will work closely with the acoustic design, audio software, product design, experience prototyping, and other teams to guide the future of Apple’s audio technology and experience The ideal candidate will have a background in spatial audio experience design (binaural headphone rendering, HOA, VBAP), along with writing audio supporting software and plugins. Responsibilities include: Collaborating with Apple design teams on new audio technology explorations Independently proposing & developing audio technology demos Designing & mixing sound for interactive experiences Writing iOS / macOS applications & frameworks to support technology demonstrations
- You have a strong understanding of audio/acoustics
- Experience writing audio plugins for Unity3D, Unreal Engine, or other game engines Experience with audio DSP programming in a framework such as Max/Faust/PureData Excellent communication skills and experience with executive presentations.
- You have experience with sound design for games or art installations
- Writing apps using AVAudioEngine
- Swift / Objective-C / C++
- Running DAW software such as Logic, ProTools, REAPER, etc. Scripting languages such as Python and MATLAB
Apple’s Technology Development Group is a special projects group within Apple charged with research and development of new product categories and core technologies. You will join a fast-paced audio team within the Technology Development Group that is charged with researching, designing, and developing next-generation audio technology.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering