Sensor Electrical Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop and launch next-generation sensor technologies in Apple products. The Sensor Technology Team is looking for a talented engineer for the position of Electrical Engineer to aid the design and development of cutting-edge sensor solutions and technologies across a variety of Apple products such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and more. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem- solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- MSEE + 2 years experience, BSEE + 4 years experience or PhD in Electrical Engineering.
- Strong EE fundamentals (analog/digital circuit design, signal and power integrity).
- Hands-on experience with schematic capture, PCB design, board bring-up, system design and integration.
- Proficiency in simulation tools (such as Cadence, MATLAB, SPICE).
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support.
- Hands on experience with lab equipment including data acquisition systems, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and power supplies.
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- Experience with firmware projects in C is a plus.
- Experience with sensor design, integration and verification (signal conditioning, DSP, embedded systems interfaces) is a plus.
Key Responsibilities: • Design, simulate and verify electrical performance of sensor sub-systems; including signal integrity (analog / digital / power domains), timing and power budgets. • Component analysis, silicon specification, schematic design, circuit review, layout review and general debugging. • Circuit-level tolerance analysis to ensure correct operation over specified operating range and environment. • Debug EE issues including power quality, signal integrity, communication interface performance and coexistence. • Bring-up and validation of ASICs for sensor applications. • Simulation, test, and validation of EMI and ESD performance of all designs. • Design and bring-up of development / test boards for sensor prototyping. • Author clear and comprehensive electrical test plans for manufacturing partners to complete electrical test and validation. • Electrical test and validation of all electrical designs. Cross-functional Responsibilities: • Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Systems Integration, Firmware Engineering and Test Engineering on electrical design and verification of sensor sub-systems. • Recognize failure prone circuit and layout structures, follow analog and DFM best practices, and proactively work with cross-functional partners to identify the best approach to solving problems. • Present technical issues in multi-disciplinary environments.
Education & Experience
MSEE + 2 years experience, BSEE + 4 years experience or PhD in Electrical Engineering.