Site Reliability Engineer - AppleCare Customer Systems (Austin, Texas)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we deliver great customer experiences and a top-notch customer support and service that delights our customers and builds the legendary customer loyalty Apple is known for. The applications we build in the Customer Systems play a vital role in making this possible. As part of this team, you will work with world class talent to create Apple-class solutions that power the business and enable the customer service Apple is famous for. The successful candidate will enjoy using technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes, implementing continuous integration and deployment in a challenging and fast paced environment. This is a great opportunity to apply and grow your technical skills and talent as you make Apple’s large scale applications and systems operate reliably and perform at the highest levels. Develop innovate solutions that leverage the large datasets that are generated by our operations for early detection of issues and quick resolution. Rollout monitoring across thousands of servers and dozens of applications in multiple data centers around the globe.
- Strong hands-on knowledge in Unix/Linux environment, networking
- Comprehensive understanding of multi-tier architectures with a track record of troubleshooting at all layers including application, middleware, operating systems, network and storage.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting and Load Balancing.
- Background in crafting and managing infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment
- Expert at using scripting languages like Shell, Python, Awk..
- Expert with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Site24x7, AppDynamics, NewRelic, Dynatrace, ELK,
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Support and monitor platforms and application stacks including measurement and optimization of system / service performance
- Monitoring services and driving incident management with the application teams and vendors
- Experience implementing and administering logging, telemetry and monitoring tools.
- Consistent track record of troubleshooting and resolving issues in live production environments and implementing strategies to eliminate them.
- Develop, manage and support SRE monitoring tools and applications.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise during service impacting events.
- Strong communication skills to work effectively across multiple businesses and technical teams
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation.
This team helps ensure our applications and systems are performing as expected when our customers and users need them. The team monitors the health and performance across a broad suite of Customer Systems applications and systems. We help identify, trouble shoot, and diagnose errors, performance problems in Apple’s data centers and in our AppleCare Contact Centers. You will support and monitor platforms and application stacks including measurement and optimization of system / service performance. Capacity planning and management is an integral part of this job. You will be involved in exploring and evaluating new technologies to push Apple’s capabilities forward. Architect, deliver, operate and provide 3rd level support of high volume, highly available web applications You will be involved in exploring and evaluating new technologies to push Apple’s capabilities forward.
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field with a minimum of 5 years technical experience in relevant areas.
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?