Software Development Manager in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the team responsible for ensuring the highest quality for technologies at the heart of products known to surprise and delight our customers. Core I/O and Sensors group is part of Core OS organization and is responsible for firmware, device drivers and frameworks related to sensors, human interface devices and I/O technologies like USB, Thunderbolt™, DisplayPort and accessory connectivity & management. This is a highly entrepreneurial team, always looking for innovative ways to improve status quo and solve difficult problems in new and better ways. We are looking for someone who can lead the charge on quality of various Core I/O and accessory management technologies. Successful candidate will need to work with cross-functional teams across Apple to proactively develop and drive overall test planning, execution and quality reporting for various areas of responsibility. The nature of the position requires the candidate to possess excellent communication and problem solving skills, along with a drive to make a difference. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, creative, motivated, and results driven.
- 5+ years of experience, some of which has been in a team lead position
- Solid UNIX OS fundamentals and drivers
- Experience with Python and C programming
- Understanding of networking technologies like TCP/IP and ethernet is a plus
- Knowledge of A/V and display connection technologies like DisplayPort is a plus
- Familiarity with Apple accessory protocols (iAP) will be helpful
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and appropriate existing technologies.
Own overall testing and quality of the technologies for which you are responsible Lead the team to design and develop effective automated tests for new and existing product features Drive investigation and analysis of issues spanning across the hardware and software interaction layers Work closely with development, project management and cross-functional parters to drive excellent quality aligned with release schedules
Education & Experience
MS in CS / EE or equivalent experience