Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Corporate Systems Engineering group as a DevOps Engineer to enable and make difference in how software is delivered that create new value chain for Apple’s business. The DevOps engineering team is part of the Engineering Operations team, directly responsible to build, lead and expand CI/CD platform and enabling software releases in a fast paced enterprise environment. We support both open source and homegrown technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the best possible CI/CD platform.
- Proven experience in DevOps, systems engineering, build/release/deployment automation, etc.
- Designing and working with modern Continuous integration and deployment solutions in complex enterprise environments.
- Implementing applications in cloud infrastructure and container technologies, like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Extraordinary analytical and troubleshooting skills in complex Unix/Linux systems environment and applications implementations.
- Hands-on expertise in DevOps / CI-CD tools, like Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus, etc.
- Experience with configuration management, orchestration, automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt.
- Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming languages/scripting, such as Java, Ruby, Python, Shell, Perl, PHP, etc.
- Proven experience in software build and delivery in Java, NodeJS, Angular and other software technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical achievements under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Drive to take initiative and own issues; Planning and coordination in a multi-project environment.
- Passion for driving automation into how software development and delivery is done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As a member of DevOps engineering team, you will be partnering closely with software development teams and infrastructure delivery teams, and be responsible for building and supporting CI/CD platforms, environment buildout and support, software build and releases, automation solutions, installing and configuring application software, and upkeep of systems through patching and upgrades. You will be exposed varieties of challenges as our team provides CI/CD platform for large numbers of Applications by building, tuning and supporting highly available system. On any given day, you will find a member of the team fault-finding low level issues in different stacks of the tools that make up the platform. You will be working closely with U.S. and India based teams and in a multi-vendor resourcing model. - Define and manage software and build and releases for multiple applications; Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). - Design and implement new software to streamline manual operations. - Drive environment builds outs and software systems setup and configurations. - Support systems in non-production and production like environments; root cause critical issues along with other operational team members. - Expand the capacity and performance of the system. - Maintain primarily Linux and other types of systems, including compliance and patching.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent with relevant experience.