Sr. Technical Artist / TD – Procedural Modeling Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Autonomous systems group is looking for a senior technical artist/TD to architect and implement cutting edge 3D content generation systems in a dynamic research and development environment. The individual should have deep knowledge of procedural data generation, simulation & behavioral animation, and data pipelines.
- Expert knowledge of SideFX Houdini
- Experience building procedural setups in Houdini, with a focus on geometry processing, interface design, and low level tool building
- Ability to work with engineers and technical directors to develop key technologies
- Ability to write python scripts for pipeline development and to accomplish repetitive tasks
- Flourishes with learning new technologies & toolsets in the service of scientific achievement
- Strong knowledge of relevant programming languages (primarily Python, VEX, some C++)
- Deep knowledge of computer graphics and mathematical concepts (geometry, trigonometry, etc)
- Comfortable in Linux environment
- Excellent collaboration and social skills
You must be able to collaborate with engineering teams to plan and engineer flexibly and robust systems. The ideal candidate understands content workflow challenges and pushing technical boundaries.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science and relevant professional experience Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.