Software Developer Engineer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. The Core IO and Sensors team is looking for an exceptional engineer to help drive quality and engineering excellence across iOS and macOS. Working with engineers on firmware, device drivers and frameworks related to human interface devices and sensors will be required. You will have the ability to impact design and implementation of Apple’s embedded and desktop systems. Work with an engineering team to design, develop and implement tools and frameworks that enables testing during all stages of software development including end-user quality scenarios. We are looking for a candidate who is self-driven, can constantly research and suggest latest technologies, independently troubleshoot technical issues, and work with teams of developers, test engineers across multiple teams to help drive quality through tools and frameworks.
- Experience writing test tools and frameworks
- Strong Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high level scripting language (bash, perl, python)
- Strong background in developing, designing or extending existing test frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly on both new and existing technologies.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
We are looking for someone who can design and develop the tools, frameworks and automation technologies to help drive quality for one or more technology areas related to device drivers and/or embedded sensors software. You will work in a fast paced environment interacting directly with engineering teams within the organization as well as cross functional teams. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
Education & Experience
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience with C and C++
- 5+ Years of Strong Object oriented Programming and Design Experience
- In-depth knowledge of iOS & macOS (user-experience, software, and hardware)
- Demonstrated Creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of robotics and mechatronics a plus
- Passionate about test driven development
- Knowledge and Implementation of CI/CD systems, tools and technologies