Failure Analysis Engineer, Mac
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, innovative ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are the dynamic and fast-paced Mac Product Quality Engineering group. In this role, you will review the customer returns (systems and replaced parts) and calibrate our factory outgoing quality control (OQC) process to the real life customer experience. You will have direct experience in managing and understanding Apple customer issues and bring these experiences into the manufacturing process, ensuring that the factory OQC process is performing the appropriate testing to identify the issues typically seen by the customer.
- You have hands-on experience with troubleshooting Mac products.
- You are enthusiastic and motivated, with extraordinary organization skills.
- You are experienced in leading projects across multi functional teams to achieve program targets.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, with exceptional ability to build relationships.
- You use data in a results-oriented approach to problem solving.
• You will analyze the systems and parts returned from customers and/repair depots. • You will reproduce and analyze the cause of the fail and liaise with Product Quality Engineering and other Engineering groups to help identify containment and/or corrective actions. • You will conduct assessment of factory OQC processes and report back on discrepancies or gaps relative to customer experience. • You will partner with Product Quality Engineering and other Engineering groups to identify and implement solutions • We collaborate with our early field failure analysis teams (AppleCare, Engineering and Ops) to identify gaps in verification in the field to fault replication in the lab and then correlating this back to the factory OQC process • You will improve the capture process from stores, reduce false captures and work with response engineer to ensure captures are valid • We travel to factories to conduct assessment of OQC process and ensure lessons learned are implemented in factory user testing. • We make trips to warehouse and repair Depots, domestically and internationally.
Education & Experience
Equivalent level and applicable experience considered.
- • macOS app development is a plus but not required
- • Ability to travel internationally up to 40%.