Editorial Support Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of elite communications. The Editorial Support Engineer works hand-in-hand with the Marcom Video and Audio creative editorial teams, and is the first line of support for any technical issues. You are strong technically, and have a proven track record of delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Expert knowledge of Final Cut Pro X
- Familiarity with M&E applications such as DaVinci Resolve, AdobeCC, Maya and Nuke.
- Real passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution.
- Excellent customer service skills and desk side manner.
- Deep familiarity with both current and burgeoning AV Post-production workflows.
- Understands color space, frame rates, and video/audio connectivity and systems.
- Perform well-organized and timely deployments of applications, major upgrades, security updates and patches.
- Ability to craft and follow documented procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize large volumes of work effectively and efficiently within tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with an ability to work autonomously.
The Editorial Support Engineer will be the liaison between creative editorial, desktop support, and engineering teams. The Editorial Support Engineer will also have an experienced knowledge in content production workflows including camera formats, codecs, video and audio interfaces, XML interchange, sample rates, and delivery pipelines. Other desired skills include Xsan/Stornext connectivity troubleshooting, domain binding, basic email setup, 3D application troubleshooting, and render farm submission troubleshooting. Duties also include working with desktop support to maintain unified and updated master images for various stations, planning and implementation of MacOS upgrades and rollout. You’re not only here to help fix technical issues, but also provide an incredible customer experience.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred