Post-Production Systems Administrator/Desktop Support
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. As a member of Marcom’s Video Systems Engineering and Desktop Support Team, you will design, implement, and maintain services which directly support Apple’s marketing creative teams. You'll be backed up by an experienced team of systems, network, and desktop engineers who lead the infrastructure for all video and motion graphics operations.
- Professional experience in a Systems/IT support position, ideally in a visual effects / editing / VR studio environment
- 5+ years of experience with Linux, Unix, CoreOS, macOS, iOS, Windows, etc.
- Experience with Maya, C4D, Houdini, and Adobe CC applications
- Knowledge of rendering tools including VRay, Mantra, and Deadline
- You run most Linux commands and utilities and have handled Linux servers in a post-production environment
- You have a working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and the ability to fix networking issues
- You have supported an application development team and have made an impact in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of Xsan/Stornext SAN environments
- Understanding of Virtualization administration (VMware)
- Scripting skills, including Bash scripting, Python, SQL, and Ruby
- Experience with software compilation, package management, virtualization, OS lifecycle management, diagnostic and performance troubleshooting/profiling a plus.
- Broad experience supporting and maintaining common Linux/Unix applications and services, as well as a deep understanding of DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS, AutoFS, Kerberos, PAM, PXE, SNMP, SSH, VNC, X11, HTTP/S, and NTP
- Familiar with installation and management of license servers like RLM and FLEXlm.
- Experience with common version control software such as Perforce
- Broadcast video experience using equipment like AJA/Blackmagic cards, cabling and termination, monitor calibration using SpectraCal Calman
- Basic understanding and operation of professional video cameras such as the Arri Alexa, Sony Venice, Phantom Flex
- Knowledge of DIT workflows, 3D LUTs, and on-set to editorial pipelines
- Your dream is to work in a creative, dynamic, and meaningful work environment.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team that leads in the design and creation of award-winning 2D and 3D marketing content. The role will be focused on enabling the teams' individual objectives by maintaining, servicing, and supporting the day-to-day technical support needs by the group. DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Troubleshooting application and OS issues, networking problems, and systems issues. Set up and put new workstations and render machines into operation. Set up and maintain Windows deployment and automation tools. Perform software installs and manage software licenses. Maintenance and monitoring of a Quantum Stornext SAN/Apple Xsan clients. Manage Deadline render farm configuration and help artists fix failed jobs. Bash/DOS/python scripting to automate processes and improve efficiency. Liaise with vendors for technical support when required. Participate in architectural planning discussions to ensure a consistent technology roadmap. Drive systems engineering projects to completion by working closely with technical and business partners. Spearhead the research and implementation of new technologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred