International Benefits Attorney
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
JOB SUMMARY Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple is seeking an attorney to support Apple’s employee benefits programs and initiatives in EMEIA. The position will be based in Apple’s London office.
- - Ability to identify, analyze and propose solutions to legal and business issues, and communicate complex legal issues to business partners, all within tight deadlines;
- - Relevant experience at top law firm and/or in-house, ideally with a multi-national company;
- - Active qualification to practice law in the United Kingdom;
- - Fluency in other languages, particularly Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, Turkish, or Arabic is a plus;
- - Superior academic credentials and exceptional references;
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- - Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail;
- - A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, a sense of humour, and an absolute commitment to excellence and integrity.
The International Benefits Attorney will be a key partner to the Global Employee Benefits team and will also be expected to collaborate with Apple’s Global People, Finance, Procurement, Tax, Payroll, and Stock teams. You will have expertise in statutory benefits across EMEIA (e.g., maternity/paternity leave, child care, disability and medical leaves, etc.), CBA and supplemental benefits (pension, health, life insurance, time-off benefits, etc.) and related issues, as well as experience with organized labor and works council relationships. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Provide practical legal advice with regard to a wide variety of issues arising in benefits administration in operations across EMEIA. - Proactively review benefits policies to ensure legal compliance in the various countries. - Provide input on benefit plan design and interpretation, new benefits programs, and employee communications. - Partner with U.S. Legal and Benefits in the planning and implementation of global initiatives. - Analyze benefits-related legislation, case law, and new regulations as they arise and provide practical advice to key business partners. - Assist in the review and negotiation of vendor services agreements, such as insurers, payroll providers, and other benefits providers. - Assist with benefit claim appeals and any benefits-related litigation matters. - Provide M&A support for cross-border transactions and integration.
Education & Experience
Degree educated with relevant legal qualifications.