Development Finance Lead
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. This is an exciting opportunity, rich in analysis and playing a critical role in supporting strategic decision making. This role will report to the Head of Operations Finance and will oversee the overall development budget. This includes but is not limited to management of spend, actuals reporting and forecasting. As this is a startup initiative within Apple inc. the right person for this role will be hands on as well as strategic able to manage the day to day responsibilities with an eye towards company expansion.
- 5+ years of public and/or private accounting experience preferred
- Entertainment experience preferred
- Experience with SAP, Essbase and advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- Strong analytical background
- Exceptionally detail oriented and able to translate big-picture analysis
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects, grasp new concepts, problem solve
- Ability to work comfortably with high level of ambiguity and complexity
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
• Collaborate with the Creative, Business Affairs and Legal teams to maintain budgets, manage commitments, track spend, and provide management reporting to facilitate the decision-making process • Prepare and present monthly forecasts and long-range planning • Interpret complex script, network and overall term deal agreements, while monitoring production slate activity to assess the financial impact on development budget and provide variance analysis • Manage close financials • Ensure business compliance with policies and procedures as required by Sarbanes Oxley • Aid in IT infrastructure projects and configuration deal tracking system • Review payroll for term deals and writer agreements, coordinating between internal groups and an external third-party payroll partner, reviewed check request and approve payment calculations
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA/CPA preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.