Siri - Engineering Program Manager, Siri Speech Program
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
EPMs are a versatile group responsible for Project, Program and Product management at Apple. The Siri Speech Engineering team, responsible for developing the run-time engine powering Siri's ability to understand users, is looking for an EPM organize the planning, execution and success tracking of the team's efforts to ship the highest quality user experience that Apple customers expect and love. Play a key role in creating groundbreaking technology in the space of machine hearing, speech recognition, natural language processing, machine translation, text-to-speech, and artificial intelligence. You will work with a top-flight engineering team to design the next generation of hybrid client/server platform.
- 5+ years working with large scale run-time engine (hybrid client/cloud) product development
- 5+ years in a role leading cross-functional teams in product development (e.g. Program / Project / Product Management, or Business Analysis)
- 3+ years using analytics and KPIs to drive success in machine-learned systems
- 2+ years experience working on machine learning technologies speech recognition, machine translation, text-to-speech, and natural language processing preferred
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with multi-tasking and creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
• Organize the portfolio of projects for speech engineering projects. Drive the organizational resource planning efforts for the Siri platform. Define and improve how headcount is allocated, and utilized throughout our development cycle. • Collaborate with engineering, design and executive leadership to drive exceptional year over year product delivery across large product areas at Apple. • Define, monitor and report on product success of speech engineering projects and releases • Communicate project status to leads and executives, present in executive reviews and coordinate product demos • Be the voice for our customers; do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality experience to our customers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent