Siri - Siri Understanding - Technical Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
EPMs are a versatile group responsible for Project, Program and Product management at Apple. The Siri Understanding team, responsible for the machine learning intelligence and big data powering Siri's ability to understand users, is looking for an EPM! As an EPM focused on Siri quality you will organize the planning, execution and success tracking of the team's efforts to ship the highest quality user experience that Apple customers expect and love. Play a key role in measuring and improving the speech recognition, natural language processing and data used to power Siri's ability to understand. Focusing on the global expansion of Siri languages. Work with a top-flight engineering team serving as the frontline owner of Siri Understanding accuracy.
- 5+ years working with large-scale ML modeling product development
- 5+ years in a role leading cross-functional teams in product development (e.g. Program / Project / Product Management, or Business Analysis)
- 3+ years using analytics and KPIs to drive success in machine learned systems
- 2+ years of experience working on machine learning technologies speech recognition, text-to-speech and natural language processing preferred
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with multi-tasking and creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
Organize the portfolio of projects for speech modeling projects. Drive the organizational resource planning efforts for Siri understanding. Define and improve how headcount is allocated, and utilized throughout our development cycle. Collaborate with engineering, design and executive leadership to drive exceptional year over year product delivery across large product areas at Apple. Define, monitor and report on product success of speech engineering projects and releases Communicate project status to leads and executives, present in executive reviews and oversee product demos Be the voice for our customers; do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality experience to our customers.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD CS/CE/EE or Equivalent