Product Quality Manager – iPhone Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Join the dynamic iPhone quality team. In this highly visible role, you will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing the quality systems for the iPhone product in Repair Operations. This role works closely with operations, customer service, test engineering, technical operations, and contract manufacturers. Strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills are essential to succeed in this role.
- You will have the following attributes: exceptional ability to build relationships; clear, consistent communication; data-driven and results-oriented; enthusiastic and motivated
- Industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Product Quality / Service Quality / Manufacturing Operations / Design Engineering
- Experience or knowledge in test engineering, reliability engineering and supplier quality engineering; A plus with experience working with high volume production and traveling to manufacturing sites
- Direct experience managing a functional engineering teams (ME, EE, TE, DFX or other)
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically about 20%
• Ensure operational technical readiness for all phases of the repair-center introduction cycle post-MP, including driving contract manufacturer preparation for pre-production builds • Own and drive key operational quality metrics to ensure complete readiness for same-unit repair world wide • Drive process development, documentation, optimization and validation, including all equipment requirement plans • Develop and implement new technologies to improve repair-center production quality, capacity and efficiency • Generate Product Quality Plan (PQP) • Monitor Outgoing Quality Control (OQC) and Customer Audit (CA) processes at OEM sites • Manage quality issues, and support Service & Engineering on specific requests
Education & Experience
• BS or MS degree in engineering required • MBA a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.