Localization Project Manager - AppleCare
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. In this role, you will be part of the team crafting the next generation of online customer support for millions of people who own and use Apple products. You will work closely with internal and external partners to deliver delightfully localized online support content for our non-English speaking customers.
- Minimum 8+ years experience in a technical project management on localization role.
- You have a proven record of leading the localization of customer-facing content for websites, web apps, mobile apps, and multimedia.
- You have a deep understanding of software engineering process especially in the agile software development and app development (iOS and Web).
- In-depth knowledge on localization file formats and how it relates to content management, and multi-lingual content production. Knowledge on LQA automation is a big plus.
- Strong knowledge on CMS and localization tools, capable to making influence to the source and create better user experience. Understanding scripting languages is a strong plus.
- Expert with localization tools and translation management systems (SDL WorldServer, BeGlobal, Trados, etc.)
- You have deep experience with localization standard methodologies and confirmed experience effectively mitigating complex localization issues.
- You focus on the details and have the capability to explain very complex issues to the cross functional team who may not have deep understanding on localization.
- Excellent communication skills: English fluency (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in another language is a plus.
- Excel thinking creatively from both technical and culture relevance for all localization projects. Flexibility on all with varying scope, schedule, demands, and complexities.
- Ability to drive and making difference and partner with external localization vendors.
- Evangelizing and instructing localization standard methodologies and processes.
- A real passion for Apple products and services is a huge plus.
The team is looking for an extraordinary Technical Localization Project Manager to join the AppleCare Online Support Localization team based in Cupertino, CA. You will run localization projects of content for a variety of channels, including support website, mobile apps, and social media, as well as any new emerging categories. Responsibilities include: Lead and drive localization projects to the next level from efficiency, quality and cost perspective. Partner with cross functional teams to create the next generation of technology and process for AppleCare localization. You will be technically involved, helping drive bug resolution, and communicating status throughout development effectively. Partner with other teams to identify and create localization projects Collaborate to identify content for localizability, identify terminology, reference material, and assess quality of source content. Partner with language team in geo to articulate localization quality requirements. Communicate with vendors and work with Linguistic Quality team to achieve the best quality for Apple’s customers. Handle schedule challenges, query cycles, linguistic QA Cultural fit to the team is critical to our collective success. You love establishing relationships, you are a great teammate, and you maintain your sense of humor under all circumstances. We are looking for a highly efficient and motivated individual to work across several cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Content Developers, Engineering, Marketing). You are thriving in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and willing and able to step in day to day project work if necessary. Our environment cultivates growth, autonomy, and innovation.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or MS/MA in an area related to Computer Science and/or Localization is preferred.