Engineering Project Manager, iOS/macOS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We’re idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. A job at Apple will be demanding, but it also rewards forward-thinking, creative thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way. Does an exciting, dynamic, fast paced and pressure-filled environment catch your attention? Do you like puzzles and determining solutions that are not obvious? Terrific! Consider joining us. Apple's Productivity Apps team is looking for an amazing Engineering Project Manager who has both the technical and soft skills to drive and deliver applications for iOS and macOS. We are looking for someone who flourishes in taming complex projects, takes ownership, and is committed to delivering great products.
- You are a versatile problem solver, equipped with strong analytical approach to various kinds of challenges in complex environments.
- Adept at creative and critical thinking, you are able to deconstruct problems and lead the teams to solutions.
- You are a self starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and a technical orientation.
- 3+ years of technical project management experience is required
- You are an expert at driving cross-functional collaboration with internal teams and external partners
- You are able to identify and mitigate risks
- You demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive issues to completion
- You are someone who appreciates and enjoys the technical challenges that can exist in delivering software
- You have a proven familiarity with the complete software product lifecycle
- You are always ready to hit the ground running
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to filter and distill relevant information to the right audience
- You have experience with Agile development methodologies, i.e. Scrum and Kanban
- Having experience with iOS/macOS software development is a plus
We are looking for a dedicated technical project manager to work with our QA and engineering teams to deliver our applications for both desktop and mobile. The ideal candidate understands software development and has experience working with software engineering, design, QA and across external teams and partners to manage and track deliverables. The position is hands-on. You'll be deep in product details and requirements, challenged to innovate and strategize new features, build relationships and people-focused to drive results. - You will define the program plan/schedule and manage program execution. - Deliver executive communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process - Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status. Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and effectively - You understand new technology while working with our engineering teams to define, schedule, track and communicate status of all work taking place within those teams - Understanding of software development and strong interest in user experience is a requirement
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other equivalent technical degree is required, with 3+ years of equivalent industry experience.