FileMaker Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
FileMaker, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., the leading standalone desktop database company, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design and implement major features for existing and new products. FileMaker has a well established product line that provides easy access to customized FileMaker solutions from anywhere. FileMaker is continually improving its technologies to meet market needs and demands.
- 7+ years of software hands-on engineering experience.
- 7+ years of engineering program or project management experience.
- Working experience with engineering project management including planning, scoping, tracking, cross functional team alignment and collaboration, and status update.
- Working experience with infrastructure area (preferably in Cloud) including but not limited to resource planning, architecture, documentation, DevOps, monitoring, on-call rotation, upgrading, and other meaningful areas.
- Working experience integrating technical process and business outcomes – specifically: process definition and analysis, continuous improvement and streamline, end goal alignment, and risk identification.
- Strong Technical Program Management Leadership experience, including 4 or more years leading multiple complex software application projects, organizational change leadership programs, and/or end-to-end process design programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including business writing and presentations. Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly, focusing on critical few key points. Proven ability to work in a matrix environment, ability to influence at all levels, and build positive relationship. Facilitative leadership history is a requirement.
- Strong organizational, facilitation and fact-based, critical thinking abilities to assess complex problems, analyze options, navigate diverse perspectives and develop optimal/acceptable solutions.
- Experience with bug tracking tools and Agile Methodologies like Scrum.
Partner with Development, QA, Product Management, Support and other cross functional Teams to -Actively and effectively drive execution of each assigned project/program end-to-end. -Help drive execution of each stage from requirement gathering, project planning, resource securing, progress tracking, risk identification, dependency resolving, paths correction, and all the way to delivery and post-delivery milestones. -Develop a deep understanding of each project/program being managed from the engineering perspective in order to be able to help assess feasibility and call out unrealistic estimates. -Communicate progress across organizational boundaries and levels from individual contributor to senior executives. Identify and clarify the critical issues that need action and drive appropriate decisions and actions. Communicate plans clearly and in actionable form. -Anticipate, recognize, and work through resistance or setbacks, work well with others when conflicts arise. Ensure alignment with objectives. Promote understanding of alternative viewpoints. Identify short and long-term trade-offs and balance the needs of all partners to implementation of these changes. -Define processes or operational mechanisms to achieve goals if any gaps are identified during project execution. -Be the point of contact on the project to help redirect questions or concern, improve collaboration, obtain the latest status, and ensure effective communications among cross teams. -Be innovative to increase effectiveness in driving engineering project/program.
Education & Experience
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent.