Display Architect - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on state-of-the-art technologies? Are you a visionary and love solving technological and architectural challenges? At Apple, our Platform Architecture team features collaboration and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. In this highly visible role, you will work with display and SOC architects, SOC RTL design and verification teams, and display technology teams to support the developments of the SOC display architectures across Apple’s iOS products. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to develop algorithms and architectures that help build the seamless technology experiences we’re known for worldwide. In this role, you will be collaborating with software and hardware architects, designers and validation engineers from our software design, silicon design and display engineering teams to develop SOC hardware architectures for Apple displays.
- You will have 8+ years experience in image processing algorithm development for hardware implementations:
- Proven experience working on various aspects of display pipeline algorithms related to geometric distortion, image improvement and compensation
- Experience writing hardware architecture specifications
- Experience with Matlab/C/C++
- Deep knowledge of signal processing and its applications to display processing
You will be responsible for defining new hardware architectures for the display sub-system of Apple’s application processor chip (System on a Chip, or SOC). You will have responsibilities spanning various aspects of the design of the related IP, including: - Evaluating new display processing algorithms, and figuring out suitability for SoC implementations - Working with chip architecture teams, software teams, display engineering teams to define, document and implement display processing architectures
Education & Experience
MS/Ph.D. is required.