Sr. Financial Analyst, Video Programming
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. This is a highly visible and exciting opportunity, rich in analysis and playing a critical role in supporting strategic decision-making. This role will report to the Head of Operations Finance and will oversee marketing and publicity budgets. This includes but is not limited to management of spend, actuals reporting and forecasting. As this is a startup initiative within Apple inc. the right person for this role will be hands on as well as strategic able to manage the day to day responsibilities with an eye towards company expansion.
- - 5+ years of public and/or private accounting experience required
- - Entertainment experience preferred
- - Experience with SAP, Essbase and advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- - Strong analytical background
- - Exceptionally detail oriented and able to translate big-picture analysis
- - Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects, grasp new concepts, problem solve
- - Ability to work comfortably with high level of ambiguity and complexity
- - Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Liaise with Marketing and Publicity teams to develop budgets, manage commitments, track spend, and provide management reporting to facilitate the decision-making process - Prepare and present monthly forecasts and long-range planning - Develop innovative analyses to facilitate the decision-making process, call attention to budget issues and ensure spend is lining up to forecast - Manage close financials for both Marketing and Publicity - Ensure business compliance with policies and procedures as required by Sarbanes Oxley - Aid in IT infrastructure projects and configuration of budgets within SAP - Collaborate with other finance teams to understand and create cross functional efficiencies
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA/CPA preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.