Xcode Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Xcode team creates tools to develop software for Apple's innovative iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Because tools are our products, engineers on the Xcode team have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply their personal experience to enhance and augment the very tools they use every day. The Xcode team is looking for engineers to design, build and maintain the next generation of developer tools. The Xcode Infrastructure team needs someone to help build the frameworks and systems that other developer tools teams rely on.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented design
- Critical opinions about the way software is engineered
- Can demonstrate and articulate how to write clean, maintainable code
- Comfortable collaborating across multiple teams to effect changes to their code
- Desire to find simpler solutions to existing complex problems and workflows
- Ability to work closely with UI designers and implement designs to pixel perfection
- Objective-C and/or Swift development experience preferred, but not required
- Multi-threading, and/or inter-process communication experience preferred, but not required
We’re looking for a developer who enjoys building foundations for other developers. The Xcode Infrastructure team collaborates with tools engineers across Apple, works to understand their needs, and builds shared infrastructure for them to use. We provide consultation and code for those making user interfaces, code generators, cloud services, and all the pieces in between. This position requires a highly collaborative and creative individual who can critically listen to the diverse visions and concerns of multiple teams, synthesize and iterate on common solutions, and collaborate with teams to adopt them. Implementing this common infrastructure not only affects design decisions on developer-facing tools, but also future products across the Apple ecosystem.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience