EHS Due Diligence Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Environment Health & Safety (EHS) team at Apple is growing and we need an energetic, dedicated and flexible professional to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple is looking for a collaborative, self-motivated EHS professional to support our Corporate & Retail functions. You will have in-depth technical expertise in EHS and experience managing due diligence in support of mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, investments, and real estate transactions.
- 5+ years of EHS or related experience, preferably in multinational companies;
- Experience managing or executing due diligence assessments, including Phase I and Phase II site assessments;
- Understand business concepts of mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, investments, and real estate transactions;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and dedicated; a self starter with a strong sense of ownership and urgency;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and relationship building skills, ability to effectively influence peers and management;
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects with competing priorities and different timescales; ability to drive and track issues and tasks and prioritize daily;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information in a concise way;
- In depth technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: hazardous waste management, safety engineering, environmental remediation, chemical and materials management, EHS permitting, industrial hygiene, occupational health, fire and life safety systems, emergency response;
- Drive completion of EHS due diligence in support of a variety of transactions, including retail and corporate real estate deals, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and investments; - Ensure early recognition and assessment of key EHS due diligence findings and articulate the business and technical implications of such findings to management and the project teams; - Act as the subject matter expert for EHS in the development and negotiation of agreements and liability and cost sharing arrangements with external transaction partners; - Cultivate and maintain collaborative working relationships with various internal Apple teams, including Real Estate and Development, Legal, Retail-Development, Corporate Development (mergers and acquisitions), Global Energy and Sustainability, Finance, Procurement, and Supplier Responsibility; - Develop EHS compliance and permitting solutions for new facilities and expansions; - Evaluate and outline potential EHS engineering controls and programs at new facilities and expansions, including wastewater, air emissions, fire and life safety, occupational exposure, leak detection, tool/process ventilation, LOTO, machine guarding, electrical safety, water supply, spill prevention and control, etc. to effectively manage identified risk for new facilities and expansions; - Partner with construction managers to build out CAPEX project budgets and schedules to include EHS engineering controls; - Partner with EHS site managers to integrate corporate EHS policy into local facility operations and transition the management of EHS programs, permits, and projects to the EHS operations team; - Manage EHS due diligence record keeping, document control, and program documentation; - Support corporate EHS initiatives, including EHS metrics and periodic activity updates; - Manage technical consultants as needed to assist in the performance of evaluations, site visits, sampling and follow up as needed. - Moderate travel may be required.
Education & Experience
BS in Chemical, Environmental or Safety Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry or related field of study; MS preferred