World Wide Head of Internet Software and Services Data and BI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple seeks to hire a leader of Data for Internet Software and Services. IS&S is best known for the world’s largest App Store, the best streaming music service (Apple Music), and growing video and iCloud storage businesses. Data is at the heart of everything we do from informing customers recommendations to paying our partners. This role will lead delivery of large scale programs focused delivering data as a strategic asset to Apple. An ideal candidate will have a real passion for driving the direction of an internet-scale big data platform including full lifecycle data management, ensuring proper data integrity and governance principles are applied while maintaining agility to deliver features that impact the experience of hundreds of millions of customers world wide. This role is challenging as well as strategic, and will require a mix of high level leadership and deep experience directing a highly applied and deliverable focused team. The successful candidate will be known as an industry leader whose advice is sought, who can inspire respect as well as collaboration based on their knowledge, experience and ability to deliver results. This role will include high level participation representing Apple to key industry partners in tight collaboration with commercial teams. This role will be responsible for managing data as a strategic asset including overall business ownership, strategic planning, budgeting and delivery, partnered closely with data engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in the area of big data platforms working in the areas of data architecture, platforms, governance/quality, data engineering. Team leadership working with global teams and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Hands on experience with consumer subscription services (ie SAAS), digital content, growth marketing, and commercial partnerships.
- Proven ability to navigate through ambiguous and dynamic environments working with global teams on highly complex cross-functional projects.
- Strong capabilities to work with executive level stakeholders as well as peers and individual contributors across a diversity of projects and programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of the data pipeline including data storage systems (both relational and noSQL), modern ETL, aggregation/projection strategy, SDLC in a data engineering, and performance optimization
Develop and deliver a prioritized multi-year data strategy including sourcing, processing and vending data. Deliverables will include core data, data governance, modernization of existing data pipelines focused on new areas of strategic insight. Deliverables will inform content strategy, product innovation, customer engagement and subscriber growth initiatives. Define data standards, align company-wide KPIs, oversee monitoring of data quality, lead data governance initiatives for the division. Oversee roadmap for internal data visualization platforms (self service) as well as lead the company efforts to deliver robust data products through to more than 1M partners world wide Lead a team of data product managers and data scientists focused on creating an information advantage for the company while upholding Apple’s core value related to customer data privacy. Increase use of machine learning, data streaming/enrichment technology, and modern data storage systems to deliver a next generation data platform. Recruit, motivate, develop and retain a high-performing team Work cross functionally to deliver key strategic programs/partnerships that are aligned with business priorities Drive long term planning process including budgeting, resourcing, infrastructure and programs to support sustained growth and customer retention
Education & Experience
Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering.