NAND Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and deftly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. Apple’s NAND group is a growing, high energy, goal driven team that has an opportunity for a Technical Program Manager to drive our storage solutions across next generation product lines. This is a phenomenal opportunity that will allow you to utilize your technical expertise as well as broad program management experience setting strategies and executing on scheduled work you're doing.
- Typically requires at least 2+ years of Program Management experience, preferably in NAND or Flash Memory or Storage in general
- Individuals with extensive experience are also encouraged to apply, and can take on additional responsibilities
- A strong background leading product definition and specification. Vendor management experience
- Experience with NAND Flash memory technology and processing is essential to be successful
- Individuals who possesses strong organizational and analytical skills
- Technical background in product development or product management, architecture, process or packaging is a plus
- Experience managing off-shore vendors is nice to have
- Working knowledge and understanding of high volume manufacturing process is helpful
- Japanese or Korean language skills are considered a strong plus when speaking with off-shore vendors
In this highly visible role, you will: - Set technical strategy and execute on project schedules. - Handle component vendors to meet spec and schedule requirements. - Handling and communicating status of issues along the way. - Defining plans and working in a multi-functional team to ensure high quality NAND flash. - Development of achievements for component qualification to meet program schedules. - Ensuring ongoing vendor production quality and resolving production issues. - Supporting internal engineering teams in tracking component failure analysis. - Support of component qualification.
Education & Experience
MS/BS Degree in technical discipline