Instructional Designer and Technical Trainer - Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Media Products is looking for an expert Instructional Designer and Technical Trainer to design, produce, and present content for a growing organizational program. The content developer will use their instructional design skills and experience to craft and bring to life relevant, engaging, interactive content for Apple engineers around the world.
- 4+ years of instructional design experience, writing curriculum for software engineers
- 4+ years of presenting content (training classes) in the high-tech industry
- Excellent understanding of the latest thinking in adult learning concepts and techniques
- Ability to plan ahead and lead multiple projects at once, while still achieving quality and deadline objectives
- Strong ability to influence and persuade, showing the ability to present a sound, well-reasoned argument, including adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques to have your message understood clearly
- Prior experience delivering training to a global audience, with ability to build rapport across a wide range of cultures and personalities
- Ability to facilitate working sessions with senior leaders to gather learning objectives and content requirements for learning programs
- Familiarity with the functionality of multimedia tools, software and graphics applications, such as (but not limited to) HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Final Cut Pro
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and embrace change enthusiastically
- Apple product and software expertise
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- You are upbeat and results-oriented with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel globally. Occasional travel required.
An important piece in maintaining a highly productive team within the Apple Media Products engineering organization is to have a strong training program. Technology changes quickly, and creating a clear and well-maintained training cirriculum is essential. The ability to present technical content in an accessible and interesting way often makes the difference between whether or not engineers will feel engaged when they attend a class. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, have the ability to drive a new training project from inception to deployment, and use their instructional design skills and lively personality to craft and bring to life relevant, engaging, interactive content for Apple engineers.
Education & Experience
Preferred: Technical degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.) Preferred: Professional experience in coding / software engineering at some point in your career