Payments Product Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a talented Product Manager to help define and execute payments experiences for the Apple Online store. You will be responsible for improving the online store offerings. You will collaborate with key business partners to define the payments initiatives and lead cross functional teams to ensure successful execution of these initiatives.
- Understand payments and financing options in global markets as it relates to Apple’s customer demographics.
- Define product strategy and help build the prioritized capital roadmap for global expansion opportunities.
- Identify requirements for holistic customer experiences on Apple Online Store.
- Drive development of shopping and payments experience.
- Collaborate with global partners in diverse functions such as Treasury, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Design and Legal, and across other product areas at Apple.
- Define seamless payments experiences with locally significant Payments partners
- Consistently lead subject matter experts through a customer experience lens towards decision-making.
- Define and track towards key performance indicators.
- Drive and deliver projects that support the broader retail strategy.
- Travel as needed
- Rare focus on customer experience and a demonstrated experience in payments and financing
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization to keep them engaged in making key decisions and apprised of progress.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to identify the best possible outcome for the customer.
- Strong verbal/presentation and written communication skills.
- Operates independently. Possess strong decision-making, problem solving and prioritization skills; ability to lead multiple projects with contending priorities.
- Confident in ability to listen, and build consensus across a large matrixed organization to handle partner concerns, achieve objectives and deliver results.
- Strong organization skills and program/project management capabilities
- Ability to simplify complex problems and issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to understand technical matters outside personal area of expertise
- 5-7+ years Product Management leading consumer products experiences Experience with crafting front-end eCommerce experiences, preferred transactional experience.
In this role you define scope that is critical for a successful launch of experiences on Apple Online Store. You will use the dream to deliver an ideal customer experience to drive the resolution of various business, regulatory and technical constraints. In the process you will collaborate with disparate cross functional teams including marketing, sales and service, engineering, tax, operations, finance, legal and many more to structure business models, define scope and communicate final recommendations. You know and understand the payments ecosystem, trends in the space and have developed seamless payments experiences. You will develop a broad knowledge of the systems involved and use that to inform creative solutions when roadblocks occur. You will work closely with the business teams on launch strategy and execution. You will be skilled at seeking, filtering and incorporating information from subject matter authorities and thrives in a dynamic, customer focused e-commerce environment. This person should have shown success as a product leader, and be able to provide examples of delivering complex large scale, initiatives to market as well as successfully working, navigating and aligning cross-functional teams.This role will be based in Cupertino, CA.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S Degree required, MBA a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.