Manager (AVCN) AV/VC and Internal Streaming
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s AV team is looking for a passionate and experienced leader to handle our Audio/Visual, Video Conferencing and Broadcast Engineering and Operations Teams. The AV team is part of Apple’s Collaboration and Productivity organization that supports all of our internal collaboration tools and services. The AV team designs, engineers and supports technology for Broadcast/Streaming, Audio/Video conferencing, and Internal Special Events. (i.e all hands and executive meetings) We are looking for someone with a deep technical background, a huge passion for customer service and leading people, while creating a fun and energetic atmosphere.
- Think creatively to chart the next generation of AV/VC communications services we offer our internal customers, balancing the need to scale and lightweight enterprise. Manage the integration of past/present/future technology acquisitions onto our communications and collaboration platforms. This is a huge part of the role as we continue to grow. Drive automation efforts to enable deploying and scaling our communications services much more efficiently. Help align AV, VC and Conferencing roadmaps with business priorities and within budget. How do we enable what they need to accomplish more quickly, cost effectively while improving performance and reliability? Be an influential figure in the technology roadmap of our industry vendors, driving both change and consistency where needed. Inspire your team to provide great 24/7 operational support for the services you support, dedicatedly solving issues before they become problems and training your folks to solve business problems versus just performing operational tasks (dedicated not reactive). You will have most of the below qualifications:
- - You love technology, talking in acronyms and protocols to your fellow engineers while also being able to explain in plain English the value your team provides to business and product owners.
- - You’ve worked in a variety of systems of scale for 10,000 employees company(s).
- - You love the industry enough to have your CTS and CTS-D certifications and possibly more.
- - You know how to get things done, and have previous people management experience. You believe that doing what you said you were going to do is important, and you can build an effective partnership with vendors and ensure accountability.
The AV/VC and Internal Streaming - Manager will lead the Enterprise AV/Conferencing teams and manage internal and external partnerships including facilities build-outs and new communications technologies. In addition,contribute to integration projects for newly acquired companies. This role requires at least 5+ years of experience, IT standard methodologies, operational excellence, while remaining in-tune with AV/VC Communications industry standards and emerging trends. Along with your team, you will be on call to ensure 24/7 operational excellence. Experience with major A/V integration projects and vendors, large-scale conferencing facilities build-outs, special events and production. Basic Networking and Internet routing background including working knowledge of DNS, load balancers, firewalls, host networking, VOIP/, and storage networks is desired. Experience with code development, with at least some familiarity with programming languages and scripting is also a plus.
Education & Experience
- BS or related field, or equivalent work experience.