WTE Backend Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for an individual who is passionate about joining Apple’s engineering team in Cupertino, California as a Backend Engineer. The software teams are focusing on technology that span numerous different wireless technology disciplines. Do you want to help change the world? We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Strong experience on a professional software development team building highly scalable, distributed systems
- In-depth experience building web services, micro service architecture
- Experience in REST API design and implementation
- Experience with non-relational, NoSQL databases and various data-storage systems (Cassandra, Elastic, Postgres, FoundationDB, object stores)
- Familiarity with full stack development
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and multi-threaded programming concepts
- Ability to work on multi-faceted, cross-functional projects
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teams located in different locations
As a Backend Software Engineer you will support internal R&D teams. We're focused on building high-performance and scalable innovative services for storing and analyzing large-scale data sets, and we are looking for a self-directed and passionate individual who can quickly identify and communicate problems and deliver technical solutions. The ability to work with cross-functional teams working on various parts of a problem to develop holistic solutions is key to success in this position. As an experienced Backend Engineer, you will support multiple projects and services. Strong social skills are a requirement as you’ll be working with fellow engineers and designers to brainstorm and build backend applications in a multi-functional team.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience with data-processing technologies is a Plus